- About Us
- Contact Us
What are People Saying?
How to plan a service for someone who died by suicide
In this post, we will be answering common questions about planning a funeral for someone who has died by suicide. If you are contemplating suicide or believe a loved one is, please call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255 or text the crisis text line at 741741.
- Can a funeral still be held?
Yes and it is recommended for healing
- Can we still choose between burial or cremation?
- What can be included in a service for someone who died by suicide?
Placing an obituary
Readings of scripture and poem
Viewing of a tribute video
Reading of a eulogy or life story
- What can be different about the service?
Modified visitation (if desired)
A possible delay due to legal and medical procedures
- What if my religion won't officiate the service?
The funeral home of your choice can help plan and run the service
For more information about planning a service for someone who died by suicide, listen to our podcast “How to Plan a Service for Someone Who Died by Suicide”: